July 5 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Pie Contest – July 5, 2017
Pie Bake-Off Contest Rules
- Pie must be entered with the name of the person who made it.
- This contest is intended for Adults over 18, amateur bakers only.
- Each dessert pie must be made from scratch and based in a pie plate/pan.
- Each pie must include a serving utensil and a cover.
- You may not use pie filling or a pre-made store-bought crust.
- Only one entry per person, per entry.
- Judging will start around 6 :oo pm; Winners announced at 6 :30 pm.
- Minimum of 3 judges.
- Participants must be present during contest and judging.
- All contestants must take pies with them after winners are announced.
- If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken during the announcement ceremony and have it used for Farmers Market promotion and future pie contests.
- Fruit (strawberry, Blackberry, Apple, Lemon, etc.)
- Other (Pecan, Walnut, etc.)
There will be a prize basket for the Fruit category and for the Other category and a runner-up prize.
To enter a Pie:
Bring your pie to the Market info booth between 5-5:15 pm on July 6, 2016. The person running the Pie Bake-Off Contest will have the final say on acceptability of pies. Pies must be in an appropriate covered container until judging.
Health Department says : NO PIES THAT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION (DAIRY OR CREAM PIES)
- Overall appearance
- Crust colot, texture doneness and flavor
- Filling consistency, doneness and flavor
- Overall taste
More info and questions-contact : firstname.lastname@example.org